Thursday 20 September 2012

Ojon Damage Reverse Review

I've heard a lot about Ojon products and always wanted to try them. So I was very excited when Boots announced they would be stocking Ojon and a counter appeared in my local store.

Ojon oil originally comes from a nut which is grown on the Ojon tree deep in the rainforest. I like products which have a story behind them, it gives it personality, and I enjoy using them even more. You can read the Ojon story on their website here.


I went shopping with a friend and was very excited to see that Ojon finally had a stand in Boots. It's been on the website for a while now, but nothing beats browsing the products in person. We got talking to the lady on the counter who suggested some products from the damage reverse collection.

We tried the damage reverse oil on our hair and the results were instantaneous and it smelt so good! The oil was £22, but she offered us a free hair treatment worth £18 with our purchase, so we snapped up the offer.


I have been using the oil religiously every day and it really seems to tame and add shine to my hair. You take a couple of drops of oil in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to slightly warm the oil, then apply it mostly to the ends of your hair.

You can use it as often as you like, and it doesn't leave the hair looking greasy at all. You only need a couple of drops of this product, so even though the initial price may seem steep, you won't be running out of it any time soon.


The product we got free was from the same line, but was a restorative hair treatment. You use this around once a month when you feel your hair really needs a boost. On initial look, you don't seem to get too much of it, I'd say enough for around 4 treatments. When it's rocking in at £18, I'd say it's a little pricey for what it does.

You take a teaspoon size at a time, and rub it between your hands until it melts completely in to an oil. You then distribute it throughout your whole hair including the scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then wash your hair as normal.


Myself and my friend had different experiences with this product. I have quite thin, naturally straight hair and I actually really liked the finished result this product gave me. I felt my hair was shiny, had more volume and looked in generally good condition. I must admit, it was a nightmare to washout. I shampooed my hair 3 times, then used a small amount of conditioner. I didn't use a styling product afterwards, just my Unite 7 seconds detangler.

I asked my friend to write her thoughts on the product as her hair is much thicker than mine, here is her review:

I have long, thick hair that is extremely prone to frizz so I was excited to try the Ojon damage reverse restorative hair treatment. My first thought was that it was a little bit awkward to apply from the tub, and having such thick hair, it took a fair while to get complete coverage. I applied it to my hair and scalp and waited the 20 minutes as directed. After the allotted 20 minutes had past, I thoroughly rinsed my hair in the shower followed by a shampoo and condition. I left my hair to dry naturally over night. In the morning, I felt like my roots were a little greasy (similar to what you might have after a couple of days without washing your hair) but the ends of my hair were really well conditioned and soft. Although I did spend quite some rinsing out the treatment, I’m assuming because of the thickness of my hair I may need to rinse for even longer. Hopefully this will eradicate the greasy roots. I am definitely going to give it another whirl!

So I think our collective review for the restorative treatment is that we will definitely be finishing these pots and trying it again, would we repurchase? Hmmm... i'm not too sure yet.

In regards to the oil, yes, definitely love it and would purchase it over Argan oil any day.

Has anyone else tried any products from the damage reverse range? Or any Ojon product at all? What's your thoughts?

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs